I was called to the Bar in Alberta in 1975, after graduating with a B.A. from the University of Calgary, and a LL.B. from the University of Alberta. I was also admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar in 1989. In 2000, I was honoured to be appointed as Queen's Counsel.
In my spare time, I love to travel, spend time with my family, spoil my grandchildren, and pursue an active lifestyle. I have a passion for cross country skiing, golfing, kayaking, photography, and trying to keep the little white ball on the fairway.
I maintain my professional associations and community memberships as listed below:
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch (Insolvency, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Labour & Employment sections)
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Bar of the Province of Saskatchewan (non-practicing)
- Past Member, Court of Queen's Bench Case Flow Management Project
- Past Member, Provincial Implementation Committee - Systems of Civil Justice Task Force
- Past Director, President and Chairperson - Alberta Lawyer's Assist Program
- Past National Council Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Senator, University of Calgary Senate
- Past Member of Executive Committee, University of Calgary Senate
- Past Chairperson, University of Calgary Senate Fund Development Committee
- Past Chairperson, University of Calgary Chancellor's Challenge Golf Tournament and current member of the Organizing Committee.