I graduated from Queen's University with an LL.B. in 1983. After completing my articles, I was called to the Alberta Bar in 1984. I was appointed Queen's Counsel in 2002. I enjoy golf, tennis, travel, and I am an avid reader.
Publications & Presentations:
- NAFTA Temporary Work Status
- Co-authored, "Canadian Encyclopedic Digest, Carswell, Citizenship and Immigration Law"
- Alternative Dispute Resolution at Immigration Appeal Division (Published by the Canadian Bar Association)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past speaker, Canadian Bar Association (National Immigration section)
- Member and past Chairperson, Canadian Bar Association Alberta (Immigration section)
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Past Director, Immigrant Services Calgary
- Founder, Immigrants of Distinction Awards
- Member, Calgary Kyokushin Karate
- Member, Calgary Tennis Academy
- Director, Calgary Chinatown Development Foundation