I am a fourth generation Calgarian and completed my undergraduate and law degrees at the University of Calgary. After completing my articles with the Alberta Court of Appeal and being called to the Bar in 1989, I opened my own independent law practice. I joined Caron & Partners in January of 1997 and became a partner in 2003. In 2016 I was appointed Queen's Counsel.
Out of the office, I enjoy gardening, golfing, and gourmet cooking. I can often be found walking long stretches of urban, rural, and seaside pathways. In 2012, I walked 800 kilometers through the north of Spain and in 2016 I walked the coast of Portugal.
Publications and Presentations:
- Co-Authored "Canadian Encyclopic Digest, Carswell, Citizenship and Immigration Law 2010"
- Author, "Calgary Legal Guidance, Legal Advice Manual - a guide to Immigration Law for Non Immigration Lawyers 1999"
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member and past Co-Chairperson, Canadian Bar Association Alberta (Immigration Section)
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Volunteer, Calgary Immigrant Women's Association
- Volunteer, Calgary Legal Guidance
- Lecturer, Bow Valley College
- Lecturer, University of Calgary, Faculty of Law
- Member of the Electoral Boundaries Commission 2016-2017
- Alan D. Hunter "Calgary Legal Guidance Volunteer of the Year Award" 1998 and 2009
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 2012