A plea for humanitarian and compassionate relief can me used in a number of contexts where foreign nationals are otherwise unable to immigrate to Canada. It is often used to overcome otherwise insurmountable issues. These requests are highly technical and detailed.
Take a listen to this podcast that our very own Jean Munn, Q.C. did with fellow Alberta Immigration Lawyer Mark Holthe on this very topic! Jean officers tremendous insight into H&C applications. She and Mark talked about:
- Background information on H&C applications.
- Who is eligible and who is not eligible to apply – the typical scenario.
- What factors are taken into consideration and what factors cannot be considered.
- How to apply – including best practices.
- How to make the strongest application possible.
- Processing procedure.
- A ton of other tips and strategies essential for getting an H&C approved.
If you need help with any admissibility issue, or wish to know if you can benefit from making an H&C application, do not delay in contacting us!