Message from CBSA
As a result of Hurricane Matthew in Haiti, please be advised that an Administrative Deferral of Removal (ADR) is immediately imposed to that country pursuant to section 230 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. All removals to Haiti are temporarily deferred except for the removal of persons who are:
- inadmissible under subsection 34(1) of the Act on security grounds;
- inadmissible under subsection 35(1) of the Act on grounds of violating human or international rights;
- inadmissible under subsection 36(1) of the Act on grounds of serious criminality or under subsection 36(2) of the Act on grounds of criminality;
- inadmissible under subsection 37(1) of the Act on grounds of organized criminality;
- referred to in section F of Article 1 of the 1951 United Nations Refugee Convention;
- consenting to their removal.
Any other exceptional removal cases should be referred to NHQ, Operations Branch, Enforcement and Intelligence Operations Directorate, Removal Operations, for an individual assessment.