What Is Commercial Law?
Commercial transactions are largely governed by the law of contract. Commercial law therefore is primarily concerned with the structuring of commercial transactions through the negotiation, preparation and implementation of contractual documentation. Common commercial transactions include:
Our lawyers understand that buying or selling a business is often an intense process for all those involved and our clients appreciate that we provide timely and effective legal advice necessary when structuring, negotiating and completing successful those transactions.
Our Corporate & Commercial group of lawyers has proven skill and knowledge to assist our clients to navigate both the complex legal issues and stages necessary to successfully complete a corporate transaction.
At Caron & Partners we assist and advise small, medium and large business with respects to all aspects of business transactions, include the following areas;
- Conducting pre-transaction due diligence
- Determining whether to purchase the assets or shares of a business
- Negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, including terms of payment, representations and warranties, non-competition obligations, employment obligations and other restrictive covenants
- Leasing or purchasing real estate
- Assisting with obtaining or amending banking facilities, loans and mortgages
- Acquiring, licensing or disposing of intellectual property
- Conducting legal due diligence
- Negotiating and reviewing any contracts required for these transactions
- Labour and employment issues
Corporate Finance and Financial Services
At Caron & Partners, we have experience in a wide range of banking and financial services, and we advise clients in all key industries in the Province of Alberta. We have particular expertise in commercial real estate and equipment financings. We act for both financial institutions, private lenders, RRSP and RRIF loans through self-directed mortgage accounts, factoring companies and private lenders. Additional areas of focus include corporate issuances, securitization of debt in loan transactions involving various asset security classes such as trade, retail and commercial receivables, lease and rental assignments, loan syndication agreements, and commercial and residential mortgage
Our lawyers are experienced in deal structuring and processing which is particularly valuable to both our our lending and borrowing clients who can benefit from our advice and direction. We pride ourselves on efficiently handling financings for our all our lender and borrower clients and our work is performed with an appreciation of the value of time and handling files in an expedient manner. We understand that loan advances are necessary to assist and promote the business interests of the borrowers, not to be used up in paying legal fees.